With over 50 talks per year, Kathryn is a frequent keynote speaker at conferences such as Forbes Women Summit and South by Southwest (SXSW), corporations like Morgan Stanley and Facebook and organizations like New York Women in Communications and Harvard University.
2016 Keynotes (Keynote/Solo talks only)
- Forbes Women of Power Summit
- Morgan Stanley
- Women in Innovation Forum
- Mobile Future
- Echoing Green Big Bold Benefit
- Parsons School of Design
- New York University- Clive Davis Institute
- Women in Tech
2015 Keynotes (Keynote/Solo talks only)
- White House
- Omidyar Network
- Year of Black Woman Keynote
- Flatiron School
- SXSW Interactive 2015
- START ATL
- Spelman College
2014 Keynotes (Keynote/Solo talks only)
- Focus100: Closing Keynote
- Detroit: Innovate the Hood
- Lesbians Who Tech: Opening Keynote (San Francisco)
- Columbia Social Enterprise Conference
- NEO Breaking Out Conference
- American Express CEO BootCamp- Featured Speaker (LA)
- SXSW: Future 15 Talk
- Harlem Social Media Week: Keynote
- Lesbians Who tech: Opening Keynote (New York)
- American Express CEO BootCamp- Featured Speaker (New York)
- New York Flatiron School
- START 2014 (8 city tour)
Selected Speaking Topics
– The New Normal: Reframing the Issue of Diversity in Tech
You can’t innovative without diversity. Period. Yet most of the proposed solutions to increasing diversity in tech involve people of color moving to Silicon Valley (leaving their social and supports networks) or exposing black youth to coding (who then go back to techless homes and schools). So, what’s the solution? In this thought provoking presentation, learn about the very real cultural, technological, and historical barriers to increasing diversity in tech and how digitalundivided is directly addressing those barriers and creating a “New Normal”.
– Lean Startup Strategies For Small Business
In this interactive keynote, Kathryn shares the strategies used by today’s innovative companies to rapidly develop and grow their businesses. Focusing on the “Build-Measure-Learn” feedback loop, the audience receives instructions on how to apply this concept to their daily work.
– Tech Needs Civic Leadership
An engaging talk about the role of “civic” in Civic Tech and the relationship between government and tech.
– A Small Guide to Thinking BIG
A thrilling chat on the five rules of thinking BIG and how to implement these rules in developing your own ideas and leadership style.